I have attended some outstanding training sessions in website development, met with several other women who are already proving to be useful contacts, and have been approached by several new suppliers and customers who found my details on the Enterprising Women website.
Melanie Bryan receives an OBE, click here to read more.
Award winning social entrepreneur Melanie Bryan had a high flying career in management consultancy where she worked with household names across the world, before starting WhyNotChange in 2009.
Described recently as ‘inspirational’ by the Prime Minister, David Cameron, Melanie has taken WhyNotChange in just 2 years from a fledgling social enterprise to an award winning organisation:
- Big Society Award 2011
- Outstanding Impact Award 2010, Enterprise UK
- Best Social Enterprise Partnership Award 2010, West Lancashire CVS
- High Impact Award 2009, Enterprise UK
- Finalist Extraordinary Women Awards 2011
- Nominated for the Queens Award for Enterprise 2011
As change experts, WhyNotChange works with organisations, communities and individuals to build their ‘can do’ – their capability and confidence – to make a positive difference in their businesses, communities and lives. In a nutshell WhyNotChange shows people the art of the possible, infects them with enthusiasm to achieve this, builds their ‘can do’ to deliver, and supports them as they do so.
Passionate about enterprise, Melanie regularly gives back to the community and some of her recent recent examples include:
- Saving a parish hall from being sold to housing developers by turning it into a thriving social enterprise and community hub with a number of new businesses started in just 3 months
- Speaking to and running enterprise workshops for schools
- Working with local charities and social enterprises to increase their enterprise capabilities
- Organising the award winning 2010 North West Women’s Enterprise Day Event attended by over 250 women.
Melanie believes that everyone can make a positive difference and that if we all did so the cumulative effect would be amazing – as the African proverb says if you think you’re too small to make a difference, you’ve never been to bed with a mosquito!
Ms Melanie Bryan
5 Brock Mill Lane