I feel I can move forward with my business with Enterprising Women’s support behind me. I would recommend every woman entrepreneur to join.
Would you make a good mentor?
To be a good mentor, you don't have to be at the 'top of your profession', but you do need to have experience, insight and time which you are willing and able to share. Some of the questions to ask yourself before embarking on the path to becoming a mentor are:
- Are you willing to help a woman develop and achieve success?
- Are you a good listener and able to encourage others?
- Are you prepared to invest both time and effort?
- Are you interested in challenging others and helping someone to reach further?
- Are you willing to share your personal knowledge and real-life experiences?
If you can answer yes to all those questions, then you may well be someone who can gain satisfaction and enjoyment from being a mentor.
But what makes a good mentor?
Some of the key characteristics are:
- Strong interpersonal skills – are you a people person?
- Patience – change takes time. What seems second nature to you, may be like another language to someone else.
- Trustworthiness – as a mentor, you will build a relationship based on trust and confidentiality.
- Non-judgmental attitude – the mentee is there to learn from you and grow with your support, not to be judged.
- Belief in lifelong learning – by showing you continue to learn and develop yourself, you encourage those you work with to create the same habit.
Like all relationships, there is a need for people to 'get on' together. It's essential that there is a good fit and to that extent we work together to match mentors and mentees. That's why we ask you to complete the form below to indicate your interest, and from there we contact you to explore in more detail how mentoring works. We also provide mentor training workshops for those looking to become a mentor for the first time, or to hone their skills.
So if you are interested in supporting and coaching other women on their journey, we'd love to hear from you and there's no need to be registered with the site to express your interest.